There is not a lot that needs to be said about IBS or any inflammatory bowel condition and food. If somebody you are talking to – a doctor or holistic practitioner or your sister says more than this then they don’t know what they are talking about.
- It’s not about the food! Food is not causing your symptoms!
- You have an injury (manmade) to your colon.
- You can eat all organic etc-it does not matter.
- You have an irritated bowel–it’s already unhappy before you eat something.
There is only one food rule to follow while you are waiting to get the proper care. Just doing this will reduce your symptoms.
- Eat a low fiber diet—–that’s it-everything else is a non factor.
- Your bowel is already irritated—why drag some rough stuff over it?
- If you want, diarrhea-blood & mucus in your stool be sure to eat some raw fruit-vegs-nuts -seed or corn.
- That is the 1st step in the proper holistic treatment of irritable bowel syndrome-colitis or crohn’s disease.
- This is to stop the damage-but remember-eating the ‘right’ foods cannot cure IBS etc.
It’s not about the food. It’s about the ‘machine’ that is damaged. Fix the machine then eat anything you want-even the rough stuff.